Individual student research and creative projects

What about individual students who have a critical special project and need to work in a lab, studio or other area with specialized technology, equipment, or other resource?

So long as the University remains open, on a case-by-case basis, students may work in on-campus facilities according to the process/protocols established by departments. Those departments that anticipate this need must develop a process/protocols and have that approved by the Dean and Provost. Students seeking this option should consult with their faculty. At the same time, not all students will be able nor should be approved to do this and this option should only be provided for limited reasons; faculty should continue to teach remotely, provide students with options to complete all work remotely, and work with students on alternate arrangements assignments.