From: “Victoria Russell (vrussel3)” <email@example.com>
Date: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 4:38 PM
To: “Victoria Russell (vrussel3)” <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Center for Teaching & Digital Learning Support Update
In preparation for summer teaching, the Center for Teaching (CfT) and Digital Learning Support (DLS) are offering the following resources. Please take advantage of one, some, or all to get ready for your summer classes.
- Summer Teaching Online resource pages are now available at the CfT website. The resource pages offer ideas for:
Even if you are not teaching this summer, consider using the pages to begin thinking about fall teaching (more about fall programming soon!). Please let us know if there are any resources you would like added.
The DLS Online Teaching Tools and Resources page remains available for specific technology-related resources.
- Three Summer Teaching Zoom Meet-Ups will be co-hosted by CfT and DLS. Each session will begin with a short introduction about recommended practices and then be open for questions and discussions. This will be a great way to connect with other summer faculty and brainstorm ideas for your courses. The scheduled Meet-Ups are on:
- Wednesday, May 6th at 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 7th at 10:00 a.m.
- Friday, May 8th at 11:00 a.m.
Use the meeting link for any of the three scheduled sessions. Please note that you will be placed in a waiting room until the host lets you in!
- Consultations with Center for Teaching and Digital Learning Support staff are available for individualized summer course support. Consultation appointments can be booked by reaching out to any Center for Teaching staff member, by emailing DLS at email@example.com, or via the DLS Request Form.
Deadline reminder: CfT Faculty Fellow applications are due this Friday, May 1st at 5 p.m. Please email your application statement to Victoria (firstname.lastname@example.org)–reach out if you have any questions!
Whether easing into summer or teaching into the new season, we hope you get a chance to step back and reflect on the hard work you did this semester. We look forward to working with you through summer and into fall!
The CfT and DLS teams